Suginčiai St Cross Discovery Church is located in Suginčiai, 0,5 km to the east from the road Molėtai-Utena. The chapel of Suginčiai, mentioned in 1669 and 1782, belonged to Molėtai parish of Vilnius diocese. The second chapel was wooden with five windows, three altars and a six-tone organ. In 1909-1910, the present wooden church was built due to the care of the priest A. Ragažinskas and at the funds of the congregation. The church is ascribable to the style of Historicism (with dominating elements of Baroque Revival architecture), of the Latin cross layout, with a three-wall apse and 2 vestries and intersections at the corners. A tower is in the place of the dome and 2 turrets at a crossing of naves with a triangular pediment between them. The fence of the churchyard is of stone masonry with arched gates. A wooden belfry and crosses are in the churchyard.
The mound is located on the highest hill of the peninsula (height 86 m) and is covered with trees. From the top, you have a magnificent view of the lakes surrounding the mound. The lake of Želva attracts the eye from the north and west, and the lake of Trinktinis from the east. The slopes of the mound on the lakeside are quite steep, about 30 m high, and the upper part of the mound is level. The mound has a convex centre, is rectangular, 75x60 m in size. The northern edge of the site has the remains of a low rampart, while the southern edge of the site has a rampart 22 m long and 1.2 m high. Behind it, 5.5 m below the edge of the site, is a second embankment, 92 m long and 1.2 m high.
Old Vilnius observatory was beset by city lights, dust and smoke during the seventh decade in 20th century. Searches began for a new place for observatory in Lithuania. It was decided that the most suitable area was a hill in Kulioniai village encircled by Zelva lake. Ethnic culture enthusiasts doctor Gunaras Kakaras, head of personnel at Astronomy observatory, and doctor Libertas Klimka, senior scientist at Institute of Semiconductor Physics, found common ground in areas of lithuanian culture ties with the sky, Sun, Moon, stars. An idea was born to connect ethno cosmology in Lithuania.
In spring of 1990 presidium of Science Academy signed a resolution to establish the Museum of Ethnocosmology. It became the first and only museum of its kind in the world. The essence of the museum is the relationship of a man and mankind with the cosmic world. Reflection of this connection manifests in traditions of life of the nation, heritage, science, technology, philosophy and elsewhere.
Telescope at the museum started working in spring of 1997. Ten years later museum was reconstructed. Buildings were built in the form of space ships that have landed in the area of forests and lakes. Kristapavicius and Gudaitis were the authors of this project. In 2010 there were already two telescopes designated for watching the stars at night. Scientists and students from all Lithuanian science and education institutions can perform observations at renewed Moletai observatory.
Visitors are first welcome to see gallery exposition installed at the slope of a hill. At the museum one can touch a meteorite, rise 30 meters off the ground into observation deck and take in the view of the Highlands around. Even at daylight one can look thru special telescope into the sun and see volcanoes - protuberances. Museum of Ethnocosmology is the first museum in Lithuania which works twenty-four hours.
On Sundays - closed.
In the astronomical observatory visitors are introduced to the work of astronomers, their instrumentation, development of astronomy, techniques of observation, telescopes, variety of celestial objects, development of the universe bodies and lectures are demonstrated illustrated with images in a hall. Visitors are also offered night observation of distant celestial objects through a telescope, 28 cm in diameter. The observations are only possible during fine weather.
Near the Molėtai Observatory, on the picturesque bank of the lake Lenktinis, there are the remains of the buildings of an old ethnographic homestead - a cellar, a barn, and a bathhouse. This homestead, at the entire southern strand of the lake Lenktinis, belongs to the Molėtai Land Museum. In 1996, an ancient observatory of celestial bodies - a sacred place - was set out near the homestead. In the middle of the circle of ten wooden poles with calendar signs of the shrine, a stone Sun-fire altar was mounted. The poles mark six countries of the world and the azimuths of rising and setting of the Sun on the days of the most important calendar festivals. While visiting this place you can get the impression the way celestial bodies were observed in ancient times and the way people did calendar calculations.