Dubingiai Bridge, located along Lake Asveja, is one of the few wooden bridges that remain in Lithuania. This is the first wooden 76 m. The bridge through the lake in Lithuania, built by the President of Lithuania Antanas Smetona in 1934 Before the bridge was erected, a ferry and a ferryman's house, built by Count Tiškevičius, was erected along the lake. But on the bottom of the lake of Asveja, the piers of the bridge show that it was already in the Middle Ages that the bridge was built in this place.
After visiting the Asveja regional park, make sure to get to Dubingiai Castle Hill. Walking through the cognitive trail from the former island, now a peninsula, you will be able to admire the panorama of the longest, and one of the deepest and largest lakes in Lithuania.
Dubingiai castle – is an important 14th - 18th century Lithuanian culture, industry and defense center, it commemorates war with the Order of the Teutonic Knights, reformation - significant eras in our history. The castle is associated with the life and activities of prominent individuals of that age (Vytautas The Great, Mikalojus Radvila Rudas, Barbora Radvilaitė and others). Dubingiai are inseparable from the history of the rise and prosperity of the Radvilos family.
From 2012 Visitors of the castle hill are awaited by the ready for exposition fragments of the Radvila Palace, covered with a hood, along with the place of the former Evangelical Reformed Church with the Radvilos funeral pantheon. The castle hill has a cognitive trail with 6 observation stops near archaeological and natural sites. The length of the natural tract is about 1.5 km. It has wooden stairs, information stands, benches.
For the second time in the town, at the crossroads of the streets, the Dubingiai tavern was standing for the second time. It was built in 1842 by Count Boleslovas Tiskevicius. Its owners have changed many times. In 1968 the tavern was reconstructed and equipped with a lounge. It is the largest in eastern Lithuania. Protected as characteristic of the 19th century. I half-type of tavern, considered an architectural monument.
2008 After the reconstruction of the tavern, the Visitors' Center and Directorate of Asveja Regional Park settled there. Visits Center is available for access to 2013. The exhibition "The Mysteries of the Largest Lake of Lithuania, the Archaeological Heritage of the Longest Lake of Lithuania", exhibitions organized here, as well as interesting information about the objects of interest, campsites and to order trips, hikes, is arranged with the park's natural and cultural values.
We do not know of any elementary school in Dubingiai district, which would be older than the XVIII century end.
In 1777 in Dubingiai there was a parochial school where four noble and ten peasant children studied, and in 1781 - nine noblemen and two peasants. Dubingiai Primary School was opened around 1860. Since 1921 Dubingiai elementary school started to teach in Lithuanian.
In this Dubingiai three-class folk school lessons used to start from November 14th and would end in May. Students who graduated from these three classes went to Inturke, Joniskis to take examinations. In 1925 - 1926 there is already a fourth class in school. Two teachers worked. Later adult courses were also organized here, but after a few years they stopped working.
In 1949 the Dubingiai primary school was reorganized into a seven-year one. During this period, it also had difficult trials. The school is growing and in 1957 the seven-year is being transformed into a high school. It graduates students for three years, but when the number of pupils decreases, senior classes are closed. Since 1963 the school becomes eight-year, which in 1966 moves to a new brick building. A new 80-person dormitory with a 40-seat dining room is built at the new school.