This is a significant object of the town Molėtai, which has survived at least two fires that ravaged the town and remained until now. In the 19th century and at the beginning of the 20th century, most of the residents of the town Molėtai were the Jews. In 1870, they accounted for two thirds of the town's population. Almost all trade was in the hands of the Jews. To the present day, a red-brick building has survived in the centre of Molėtai. Before 1940, the building housed private Jewish shops and residential apartments on the second floor. At the moment, the building accommodates a variety of different shops, a chemist’s and a pizzeria.