At the end of the XIX century, Count Kostas Jelenskis built a huge manor, the Mausoleum chapel, in the Didžiokiai countryside, and built an impressive park in which the trees, with the help of the gardener, acquired various forms.
In 1936 The mansion was sold to Nikolai Deven. At the time, the Jelensky family was buried in the Mausoleum. In 1940 The Devens were deported to Vorkuta campus, and the mansion was devastated by creators of collective farms and eventually bombed. The chapel turned into a waste warehouse. Here, the remains were defaced and the coffins thrown away.