The first specialized glassware museum in Lithuania displays glassware made in Lithuanian factories that worked in the juncture of XX-XXI centuries, along with remains of broken glassware and fire-resistant materials made in glass factories from XVII-XIX centuries.
The gallery displays works made by the graphic artist Stasys Aukstuolis, folk artist Ona Pusvaskyte, painter Vladas Miskinis.
Visitors can check out the exposition of the region‘s history, culture, and mode of life, as well as see the hall with temporary-moveable exhibitions.
Visiting exhibits at the museum
* Lithuanian glass-made constructional-architectural, technical-household, artistic, souvenir product exposition.
* Exposition of works made by graphic artist Stasys Aukstuolis, folk artist Ona Pusvaskytė, and painter Vladas Miškinis.
* Exhibition of local history, culture and mode of life.
* Changing expositions (currently the works of photographer Butautas Baraskas are presented).
* A sightseeing tour on foot around Balninkas, while visiting St. Bishop Stanislaw Church.
* A sightseeing tour „Looking around the Balninkas surrounding area. On partisan trails.“
Educational programs for children and adults
* "Painting on glass" (getting to know the exhibits of the museum's glass, modern glass decorating techniques, creating an artwork from glass)
* „Aukstaiciai dishes - for the king's table“:
- getting to know the culinary heritage of the eastern region of Aukstaitija, preparation of an Aukstaitija‘s dish (for children);
- Tasting Aukstaitija‘s dishes or cooking together (for adults).
* For parents' convenience children have a gaming corner where toys and educational tools are packed in a wooden chest.
* Here you can also enjoy a cup of tea or coffee.
* The museum sells folk art, souvenirs, publications.
* Museum is fit for disabled people.
Time for visits:
Tuesdays - Saturdays from 10:00 to 17:00, the last Tuesday of the month - Sanitary Day. In the summer months (June, July, August) the museum also works on Sundays from 10:00 to 15:00.
Orders for excursions in advance are accepted by phone +370 601 48 144.
You will see the shimmer of glass and feel its fragility in the first specialized museum of glass in Lithuania which is located in Balninkai.