The Alanta St Apostle Jacob’s Church was constructed in 1904-1912 under the project of K.E. Strandmann, the architect from Liepaja. The church was built in the style of Neo-romanticism, with two towers, hall-like, with 3 naves, of the Latin cross layout. The base of the church is of ashlars, the walls - of brick masonry, plastered, and the interior is spacious and bright. It contains 7 significant art treasures.