The present stone masonry church of the Torture of St. John the Baptist in Stirniai was built by the priests Jonas Kazlauskas and Jonas Daugėla (born in 1909) with the help of the congregation in 1937-1940. The church is massive, rectangular, with a wide tower and an apse. The inside is with 3 naves, separated by slight pilasters. The fence of a churchyard is wooden. There is a cemetery in the churchyard.