For the first time, the church was mentioned in 1522. Probably, the first church was wooden. At the beginning of the 18th century, during the Northern War, the Swedish destroyed it, and in about 1720, it was rebuilt in brick. The present Church of St Apostles Peter and Paul was built in 1905 under the care of the priest Kazimieras Bandzevičius. The Church is built in the style of Baroque Revival, of the Latin cross layout, with two tall towers and a prominent facade. The inside of the Church is cosy and full of light. The altars and the organ prospectus are neoclassical. The Church has 12 significant art treasures.